One Book Nova Scotia
One Book Nova Scotia is a province-wide community reading event for adults. Nova Scotians are invited to read/listen to, discuss and get excited about the same book.
Please visit the One Book Nova Scotia website.
The program aims to:
- encourage reading and contribute to the development of a reading culture in Nova Scotia and therefore to a more literate community
- create opportunities for social interaction and community development
- support life-long learning by providing opportunities for members of the community to learn and grow in reading and literary development
- allow those in the literary community to work together in new ways and develop stronger relationships
One Book Nova Scotia officially ran in the first year from September 21 to November 9, 2012. During that seven week period, 1,168 people borrowed the book from public, university and community college libraries. At the conclusion of the program, over 300 people remained on waiting lists to borrow the book. In addition, 1,366 copies of the book were sold at bookstores.
Services we provided
We donated our time to create the One Book Nova Scotia identity, print collateral and website design. Starting with the identity we then moved on to creating the website and then the traditional media that would then be used to lead the user to the website.
- Identity design
- Web Design
- All print collateral including posters, banners and of course bookmarks
- Web development provided by Cyberplex